When you need it…
Getting your regular eye test is important. You should have an eye test not just when you buy new spectacles or contact lenses.
An eye test involves a general assessment of your eyesight in relation to your visual needs. It gives you the opportunity to find health problems in your eyes before you even notice an effect on your eyesight, as it slowly gets worse.
We can help 🙂
The eye test at Visio Optical includes an assessment of defects such as myopia (shortsightedness), hyperopia (farsighedness), astigmatism, presbyopia (old sight), amblyopia (lazy eyes), and more.
If your eyes are at risk of serious problems, our primary eye-care and vision specialists will either monitor your condition or refer you to a specialist eye doctor for treatment.
Our eye test
What happen during the eye test?
Our eye exam usually involves these steps:
- First, you may be asked about any vision problems you might be experiencing, and your medical history.
- Next, we will measure how clearly you can see (visual acuity). This helps determine your prescription for glasses or contact lenses. Our optometrists may check the health of your eyes. Sometimes some lights are used to evaluate the front of the eye and inside of each eye (the slit-lamp examination).
- Finally, you will discuss what was found during the exam and the products that will give you a sharp and most comfortable vision.
What should you take to the test?
You should take with you the spectacles you currently use. If you still have it, bring your old prescription with you.
You should mention the names of any medicine you are taking and the name of your doctor (i.e. GP, specialist, etc).
For contact lens wearers, it is best to come for an eye test without wearing contact lenses.
How often should you get an eye test?
Regular eye tests can be scheduled as follow:
- For adults
- For senior citizens
- For children (or 3-monthly for children wearing spectacles), and
- For contact lens wearers
- Whenever you need to get new spectacles or contact lenses
- As instructed by your healthcare practitioner or doctor
- When you have a problem with your eyes or vision
Eye test for children
Eye tests can be fun, and our examinations are kids-friendly. We also have a wide range of frames for kids of all ages.
Eye test for people with disabilities
At Visio Optical, we are able to accommodate people in wheelchairs, and we can perform eye tests for them directly from their wheelchair.
Book an appointment
Let us help you, and book an appointment with our optometrists and opticians
Send us a message
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need an appointment?
We always have optometrists and opticians on duty to perform eye tests. However, if you have special needs, or for young children, or for contact lens fitting, we recommend to book an appointment.
How long does it take for an eye exam?
The main visual acuity test may take 5-10 minutes. However, people can have very different visual problems, and the duration will vary from individual to individual.
Overall, a consultation may take up to 15-30 minutes.
Do you check the vision for young children?
Yes we can do eye exams for young children. Please book an appointment if your child is 5 years old and above.
Do you charge for the consultation?
Yes, our eyecare professionals are trained, and we charge for the first consultation. Regular consultation is $30. For contact lenses fitting, consultation charge is $60. Subsequent consultations are free of charge.
The consultation fee is waived if you are purchasing new spectacles with lenses at the same time of the consultation.