When you need it…
Getting your regular eye test is important. You should have an eye test not just when you buy new spectacles or contact lenses.
An eye test involves a general assessment of your eyesight in relation to your visual needs. It gives you the opportunity to find health problems in your eyes before you even notice an effect on your eyesight, as it slowly gets worse.
We can help 🙂
The eye test at Visio Optical includes an assessment of defects such as myopia (shortsightedness), hyperopia (farsighedness), astigmatism, presbyopia (old sight), amblyopia (lazy eyes), and more.
If your eyes are at risk of serious problems, our primary eye-care and vision specialists will either monitor your condition or refer you to a specialist eye doctor for treatment.
Our eye test
How long does the eye test take?
The main visual acuity test may take about 5-10 minutes. However, people can have very different visual problems, and the duration of a consultation will vary from individual to individual.
Overall, a consultation may take up to 15-30 minutes.
What happen during the eye test?
Our eye exam usually involves these steps:
- First, you may be asked about any vision problems you might be experiencing, and your medical history.
- Next, we will measure how clearly you can see (visual acuity). This helps determine your prescription for glasses or contact lenses. Our optometrists may check the health of your eyes. Sometimes some lights are used to evaluate the front of the eye and inside of each eye (the slit-lamp examination).
- Finally, you will discuss what was found during the exam and the products that will give you a sharp and most comfortable vision.
What should you take to the test?
You should take with you the spectacles you currently use. If you still have it, bring your old prescription with you.
You should mention the names of any medicine you are taking and the name of your doctor (i.e. GP, specialist, etc).
For contact lens wearers, it is best to come for an eye test without wearing contact lenses.
How often should you get an eye test?
Regular eye tests can be scheduled as follow:
- For adults
- For senior citizens
- For children (or 3-monthly for children wearing spectacles), and
- For contact lens wearers
- Whenever you need to get new spectacles or contact lenses
- As instructed by your healthcare practitioner or doctor
- When you have a problem with your eyes or vision
Eye test for children
Eye tests can be fun, and our examinations are kids-friendly. We also have a wide range of frames for kids of all ages.
Eye test for people with disabilities
At Visio Optical, we are able to accommodate people in wheelchairs, and we can perform eye tests for them directly from their wheelchair.
Key Benefits of our eye exam
- We are professionally trained
- We are efficient
- Our customers will receive a reminder for a periodic eye test