We believe that ic! berlin glasses are the right spectacles that will fit you the best! The right glasses can make a great fashion statement. Even more so, when you pick the right frame for your facial features.
There are thousands of eyewear brands that make interesting products so you can easily find something that fits your personal style. And there is something about ic! berlin that makes this brand so good and so comfortable to wear. And with plenty of shapes to satisfy the most demanding customers.
At Visio Optical, we have a large collection of products from different global brands. ic! berlin happens to be one of our most popular brands because it combines strong German engineering with an incomparable sense of style. Here’s a brief insight into the brand and its products:
The origins of ic! berlin
ic! berlin was established back in 1996 by Ralph Anderl and it has grown considerably since then. The company started as ic! brille when the founder Anderl collaborated with Phillipp Haffmans and Harald Gottschling. They created a screwless frame from sheet metal.
Unfortunately, they weren’t able to sell the idea to any established brand. This meant that they needed to find another way to get their product out there.
They founded HGA Gesellschaft and started marketing products under the banner of ic! brille. Anderl was able to convince two popular German actors Peter Lohmeyer and Corinna Harfouch to promote the brand. With these sponsors, they were able to increase their sales by a considerable margin.
ic! berlin grows
ic! brille became ic! berlin in 1997. It then opened a small shop in Max-Beer-Strasse, which is located in Berlin-Mitte. As the products became more popular, the company started to expand its first flagship store until it took up several apartments. In 2005, the brand moved to Backfabrik. But they maintain a store in Max-Beer-Strasse to date.
It was Anderl’s persistent marketing and promotion that took the brand to new heights. He would carry sample glasses in specially sewn coat pockets everywhere, showing the unique frames to potential clients from all walks of life. Here’s a look at the brand’s journey:
- ic! berlin’s first big public promotion happened at the Optika Optical Fair at Cologne in 1997.
- This was followed by 1998 showing in at Mido in Milan. The brand definitely gained some traction here because of Anderl’s comprehensive canvassing.
- ic! berlin was allowed to set up a small stand at Silmo Paris, which is one of the most prestigious awards in the industry. This helped it gain more popularity in the high-fashion industry.
- The brand has won the prestigious Silmo d’Or three times since its launch. One in 1998, one in 2008, and one in 2011. It is a rare honor that few eyeglass brands can compete with.
- ic! berlin has won awards in Germany, Paris, Milan, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Delhi, and London.
Since then, the company has won several accolades from different fairs from all over the world. It has established a strong presence and sells its products all over the world.
ic! berlin today
ic! berlin is headquartered in Berlin, but it has a global presence and is a well-known brand. Eyeglass stores from all over the world sell hundreds of units regularly. Even people who have never heard of the brand are impressed once they try them. The company has grown considerably in the past two decades. Here’s a look at what it is like now:
- ic! berlin manufacturing unit has over 180 engineers, craftsmen, and technicians in-house. People are constantly working to reinvent their products and keep the design current.
- They use state-of-the-art technology to create strong, durable products that can stand the test of time. The combination of handcrafted resilient and technological precision makes these products worthwhile.
- The company started with frames that weighed just 20 grams and now they have refined the technology to make them even more comfortable.
- The flagship store and manufacturing unit offer personal tours so visitors can go see exactly how these frames are manufactured.
Everyone from top sports personalities and celebrities to politicians and business owners wear these frames.
What makes ic! berlin glasses so special?
ic! berlin has made a mark on this industry because of their screwless frames. The design is unique, interesting, but also very comfortable, which is why many people invest in them. Here’s a look at what makes this brand unique:
- All frames are made from thin sheet metal, which is very light-weight and comfortable to wear.
- Most products are made from good-quality stainless steel. Some frames use titanium, which makes them suitable for people with allergies because titanium is a more body-friendly material. There are several other material options available.
- There are no screws in the frame and the hinges have a springy system that ensures a comfortable fit. The company calls it a silk hinge and it is very resilient. It can handle everyday use well and doesn’t become loose as many glasses do.
- The frames are flexible, which means they can fit comfortably on different kinds of face shapes and sizes.
- ic! berlin has a worldwide presence and exports its products to more than 60 countries. Despite this, it still creates every piece by hand with the help of sophisticated technology.
- These frames are special because they have an elegant and restrained design. The brand doesn’t create loud or extravagant designs because they are focused on timeless appeal. You will still find interesting options that look and feel luxurious.
These are some of the many characteristics that make ic! berlin products unique and special. If you want something that is effortlessly stylish but also suitable for everyday wear, we recommend this brand.
Why should you invest in comfort?
Glasses stay on your face for several hours every day. Most people don’t realize just how uncomfortable they can be because they become accustomed to the strain. Here are some reasons why investing is comfort is necessary:
- The strain on Nose and Ear – Heavy glasses place a lot of strain on your nose and ear. It is common for people who wear glasses to develop marks on the bridge of their nose. A light-weight pair won’t place as much strain, which makes them a good option for everyday wear.
- Loose or Tight Fit – If your glasses are too loose, you’ll have to push them up regularly. If they are too tight, you may have to deal with pressure marks on your temples and by your ears. Poorly made glasses tend to become loose with time, which causes additional discomfort as well.
Fortunately, ic! Berlin products are known for their comfortable fit and weight. They have an understated elegance that makes them ideal for everyday wear. When you intend to use a product every day for several years to come, it is a good idea to splurge on it and invest in quality.
ic! berlin glasses at Visio Optical in Singapore
If you’re looking for glasses that look and feel great, visit Visio Optical today to find the best products. We only keep authentic frames sourced from the company so you can be certain there will be no counterfeit products in our collection.
We provide all required service during the time of purchase so customers can know their new glasses are the real deal. And we will be happy to service our customers, whenever they need to fine-tune their ic! berlin.