Fast dark. Fast clear. Self-tinting lenses by ZEISS
Whether in the sun or indoors: 24 hours of excellent vision with PhotoFusion self-tinting lenses offered by ZEISS.
The eye care innovation 2011 – PhotoFusion, the ZEISS high- and mid-index self-tinting lenses, react up to 20 % faster than previous photochromic lenses by ZEISS.
PhotoFusion by ZEISS is ideal for everyone who wears glasses and especially for eyes which are sensitive to changing light. On the following pages you can learn all about the many benefits of ZEISS self-tinting lenses. PhotoFusion represents a further milestone in the history of the visionary firm of ZEISS, a history going all the way back to 1846.
Are you looking for a new, favourite pair of glasses? Ones that will give you excellent vision in any light day or night? With self-tinting lenses that will give you 100% protection from the sun and harmful solar UV rays and will do away with having to change back to your conventional glasses?
As of now, ZEISS is also offering the latest generation of self-tinting lenses in the well-known ZEISS quality. And the best thing is that PhotoFusion high- and mid-index self-tinting lenses turn up to 2 times faster from dark to clear than previous photochromic lenses offered by ZEISS.
Even if the sun is shining outside, PhotoFusion is very clear in closed rooms and offers best vision.
A cloudy day with no obvious sunshine: PhotoFusion still protects the eyes against harmful solar UV rays.
When outside, PhotoFusion lenses darken according to the sunlight giving 100% solar UV protection.
Also known as photochromic lenses, self-tinting lenses have been around since the 1960's. The small, yet significant discovery made by chemist Stanley Donald Stookey and his colleague, William Armistead, made it possible to have spectacle lenses that react to UV rays remarkably well. Ever since then, a lot has happened in view of the quality and performance of self-tinting lenses and they are extremely popular amongst many people who are dependent on their glasses and constantly going indoors and outdoors.
What are the differences in quality amongst self-tinting lenses?
With self-tinting lenses, the annoying need to change glasses is a thing of the past. Latest market research by ZEISS show that spectacle wearers however have very clear criteria regarding the quality and performance of self-tinting lenses:
- To be comfortable to use, self-tinting lenses must adjust very quickly to the changing light conditions.
- To attain optimal vision, self-tinting lenses must become really dark in sunlight and completely clear indoors.
- Self-tinting lenses must be effective and also offer 100% UV protection.
- To look good, self-tinting lenses should be available in attractive, harmonious tints.
- Self-tinting lenses should have a long life performance and high performance.
- 95 % evaluate the performance of PhotoFusion as equal or better than other self-tinting lenses.
- 88 % are very satisfied / satisfied with PhotoFusion lenses.
- 79 % top sellers say that they experience greater patient satisfaction with PhotoFusion lenses.