Fun way to store contact lenses with our Girl&Boy serie of contact lens cases.
Guidelines for care of contact lenses developed by the American Academy of Ophthalmology:
- Keep the contact lens case clean and replace it regularly, at least every three months.
- Before handling contact lenses, wash your hands with soap and water, then rinse and dry them with a lint-free towel.
- Minimize contact with water.
- Contact lenses should not be rinsed with or stored in water.
- Do not use saline solution to disinfect lenses. Saline solution is not an effective or approved disinfectant.
- Wear and replace contact lenses according to the schedule prescribed by your eye care professional.
- Follow the specific contact lens cleaning and storage guidelines from the solution manufacturer.
- During cleaning, rub your contact lenses with your fingers, then rinse the lenses with solution before soaking them. This "rub and rinse" method is considered by some experts to be a superior method of cleaning, even if the solution you are using is a "no-rub" variety.
- Rinse the contact lens case with fresh solution — not water. Then leave the empty case open to air dry.
- Do not re-use old solution or "top off" the solution in your lens case.